© 1996-1997 by Steffen A. Jakob
This page contains some - relatively unsorted and sometimes not quite current -
information about the Halloween attack in the Four Knight Game. I began to examine this
wild gambit 1996 - inspired by a short article in the Randspringer.
1998 I stopped my work on the Halloween attack because I restarted the
development of my chess program Hossa.
The Halloween Attack is characterized by the 4th move of white:
1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.Nxe5.
- Overview of my analyses. Since I operate almost daily on the Halloween Attack,
this page is usually not the all-newest status of my work.
- Where does the name Halloween Attack in the Four Knight game
- Reference to an article if the german offbeat magazine Randspringer and
to the history of the official name Müller-Schulze Gambit.
- Typical plans for white an black.
- An enormous amount of Halloween games are to be found here. These games where
played by the Crafty clone Brause which I operate at ICC.
- Best of
- Particularly nice Halloween games
- The Halloween Attack in the
- different articles, which were posted in the Usenet and are related to the
- Many ways lead to the Halloween line...
- Opinions about the Halloween Attack.
- Thank you!!